Dr. Mark Kendall sees a wide variety of health issues in our Commerce Twp, MI chiropractic office, and one problem we see is frozen shoulder. Frozen shoulder generally consists of three stages:
- the freezing stage which is when the pain sets in and motion starts to become limited,
- the frozen stage as the shoulder becomes stiffer and harder to move, and
- the thawing stage which is when the pain and stiffness begin to lessen.
While medications and injections are a common medical treatment, Dr. Mark Kendall finds that chiropractic can also help. The scientific literature confirms that a non-invasive approach can work.
Chiropractic has been found to totally alleviate frozen shoulder symptoms for some people, offering a complete recovery from the pain and stiffness that come with this particular condition. In others, people with frozen shoulder have reported significant relief, ranging from 50 to 90 percent improvement.
Commerce Twp, MI Chiropractic Care for Frozen Shoulder
Pain within the shoulders is usually caused by subluxations, or misalignments of your vertebrae. A small misalignment can cause pain by causing pressure on nerves. Left untreated, these subluxations can cause muscle spasms and increasing pain. Chiropractic adjustments properly align your spine so that pressure on joints and nerves is released. It is a direct treatment for the cause of the pain, not a temporary relief like pain relievers or massage.
The best way to treat shoulder pain is to prevent it before it even starts. Regular chiropractic visits can help to prevent physical problems and injuries from occurring. Other potential benefits of regular chiropractic visits are increased flexibility and mobility, higher level of energy, improved posture, more effective immune system, better circulation, and an overall better feeling of well-being.
Dr. Mark Kendall is your Commerce Twp chiropractor and is here to help you with all of your health issues. To learn more about how we can help you recover from frozen shoulder pain, give our office a call today at (248) 363-1775. You can also learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care.
- Murphy F, et al. Chiropractic management of frozen shoulder syndrome using a novel technique: a retrospective case series of 50 patients. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2015;11(4):267-272.
- Brantingham JW, Cassa TK, Bonnefin D, et al. Manipulative therapy for shoulder pain and disorders: expansion of a systematic review. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2011;34(5):314-346.